Westpac Franchise Summit
Thursday 12 November 2020
Welcome to the Franchise Association of New Zealand booking platform. By using this Site you certify that you have read and agreed to the following terms, conditions and policies.
If you purchase a ticket on the System you agree to the Site Owner’s terms of sale.
The Site Owner has strict policies to protect its users. If you use the Site to book tickets or to assist in any way with running an event for, or in association with this site, you are agreeing to comply with these policies. You may not use this site to book for or run events that are not directly associated with Franchise Association of New Zealand. Please read the policies carefully before you use this Site:
The Site Owner uses reasonable commercial efforts to keep the Site available 24/7. Exceptions are scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance and system outages. We cannot promise that the Site will always be available and assumes no liability or responsibility for any interruption or its consequences. Book early to avoid being disappointed.
The information on the event pages is provided in good faith and The Site Owner takes all reasonable care to keep the information on the site accurate. The Site Owner assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions. You are responsible for evaluating the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all content available through the Site or from a linked Site. You should not assume any booking on this Site is complete until you receive a confirmation email from The Site Owner.
When you pay by credit card via this site you are passed to an e-commerce gateway provider. You will see the provider name before you enter your credit card details. The provider may be Windcave, Paymark, Stripe, Braintree, eWay, PayPal or ANZ eGate. You will enter your credit card details within the secure environment provided by the e-commerce gateway provider. When the provider makes these available, we may store your cardholder name and a masked version of your card number. At no time do we store or have access to your complete card number or other card details. All providers are compliant with the the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All communication between this site and the payment gateway is encrypted by 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
If you are the cardholder and you dispute any charge on your credit or debit card related to any event, service or product booked through this Site you agree to notify The Site Owner within 24 hours of the scheduled event start time. You agree that The Site Owner will have authority fully equal to that of our suppliers in collecting amounts owed for bookings made through this Site from your bank/credit card company or through courts/collection agencies.
The information contained within this Site including graphics and logos are the copyright of The Site Owner. All programming scripts are copyright of The Booking Rooster who developed The Site. All trademarks on this Site are primarily the intellectual property of The Site Owner. Any other trademarks on this Site are trademarks of their respective owner. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any trademark or copyright displayed on the Site without the express written consent of The Site Owner, or the third party owner of Intellectual Property.
The Site Owner provides links to other sites. When you click on these links you are leaving our Site and entering another site. These linked sites are not under the control of The Site Owner, and The Site Owner is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. Doing so is entirely at your own risk. You should read the terms and conditions of these sites before using these sites. You may create links from your own website to this Site through a plain text link or through The Site Owner’s branded link, provided that you:
The Site Owner reserves the right to require you to remove links to the Site at its sole discretion.
The Site Owner makes no warranty of any kind regarding this Site and/or any materials provided on this Site, all of which are on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Site Owner, Event Organisers and advertisers on this Site do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of the content of the data found on this Site and expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind.
The Site Owner will not be held liable for the following events or their consequences:
The Site Owner may at his sole discretion terminate or restrict your access to any component of this Site, at any time without liability.
You shall defend and indemnify The Site Owner and any third party providers and distributors and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by or on your behalf in excess of the liability described herein in any action filed or commenced by any third party against The Site Owner as a result of
• your breach of these Terms or the policies made part of these Terms by reference,
• your violation of any law or the rights of a third party
• your use of our Site.
If any of our terms are held to be unenforceable, it is agreed that the remainder of the terms will remain in full force and effect. This agreement is governed by the laws of New Zealand, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
The Franchise Association of New Zealand booking system is an online service provided by Franchise Association of New Zealand on the website https://events.franchiseassociation.org.nz/. This is also known as “the Site”. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By buying a ticket to an event on the Site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you choose not to be bound by the terms and conditions, you must not use this Site.
Tickets sold through this Site are sold subject to the following terms and conditions and to any other conditions displayed at the time of booking. The tickets are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Franchise Association of New Zealand Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy when using our services.
2. Within this policy, “you” and “your” means you as the user of our services and/or of our website and “we”, “our” and “us” refers to Franchise Association of New Zealand Inc. (“FANZ”) and related parties.
(a) our website, www.franchiseassociation.org.nz;
(b) applications for membership with FANZ (including franchisor and multibrand franchisor applications, affiliate applications and franchisee, associate, individual and student applications);
(c) applications to attend conferences and other events;
(d) applications for the New Zealand Franchise Awards (“Awards”) and
(e) any other personal information collected by FANZ.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
4. Within this policy ‘“personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 1993. In general terms, this means information that can be used to personally identify you.
We collect personal information from you, including your:
(b) email address
(c) other contact information (including phone numbers and address details)
(d) profession, occupation, organisation and job title
(e) organisation details
(f) computer or network
(h) interactions with us
(i) event attendance information, including dietary requirements and medical information.
5. You are responsible to ensure that all information you provide us is current, complete and accurate. If FANZ believes that the information you provide is not current, complete, or accurate, FANZ may have the right to decline access to information or services, deny access to certain parts of the FANZ website, decline your application for membership with FANZ or applications for event registrations until current, complete or accurate information is provided, refuse registrations for events, conferences or award ceremonies.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
6. We collect your personal information in order to:
(a) perform our activities as FANZ,
(b) process membership applications, upgrades and membership renewals,
(c) verify your identity and contact details,
(d) conducting conferences, award ceremonies and events,
(e) distribution of publications, newsletters and promoting our products and services,
(f) communication to individuals and providing requested products or services,
(g) manage the safety and security of our members and other users,
(h) personalise and customise your experience,
(i) to provide you with access to secure areas of our website,
(k) to send you information regarding FANZ conferences, Awards, events, opportunities, benefits of membership, updates, information surveys and newsletters and the like pertaining to FANZ and the franchise sector,
(l) to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of FANZ and selected third parties,
(m) to provide to third parties such as sponsors, strategic partners, exhibitors and guest speakers but only if you have authorised us to do so, and
(n) any other transaction of activity as a result of the performance of our role as an organisation providing, services, products and benefits to our members and to others.
What Happens If We Do Not Collect Personal Information?
7. Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter personal information we may not be able to:
(a) provide certain information or services you have requested,
(b) approve your application for membership with FANZ,
(c) approve any event registrations, including applications to attend conferences and award ceremonies,
(d) tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
8. We do this in a variety of ways, including through:
(a) you providing it directly to us (including by way of an application for membership or registration for a conference, award ceremony or event),
(b) your conversations or email interactions, between you and our staff,
(c) your access and use of our website, apps and other sources.
(a) allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit,
(b) to research our users’ habits so that we can improve our services,
(c) to learn about member and user preferences so that we can present customers with web content and advertising that is relevant to them, and/or
(d) to produce data on web traffic and member web activity through our website.
11. The FANZ website uses from time to time the services of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google ID as well as WordPress PHP sessions and WP settings. These are used for the above purposes as well as to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on someone’s past visits to the FANZ website. Personally identifiable information is not stored by us or any third-parties. You can visit the Google and WordPress websites to find more information on their privacy practices and how to opt out in relation to specific cookies.
12. You have the ability to disable cookies (for all sites) from within your browser settings and you can control the extent to which your device allows cookies. You can do this by changing the settings on the browser software that your device uses to access the internet.Will I Receive Communications From FANZ?
13. From time to time, FANZ will communicate with you regarding FANZ, your membership (if applicable) including election and AGM information, franchise practices and advice, new policy or regulation, conferences, Awards ceremonies, events, opportunities, benefits of membership, promotions, sponsor deals, surveys, newsletters and the like. This will include communicating with you electronically, by email, phone or by text/sms.
14. By registering with FANZ for membership or for any event, conference or award ceremony, or by providing us with your details for our database, you consent to receive communications from FANZ. You may opt out of receiving communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Who Do We Disclose Personal Information To?
15. We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to our board members, employees contractors, sub-contractors and agents,
(b) for the operation of FANZ (or for the operation of our website),
(c) to provide products and services to you and fulfil any requests by you,
(d) to communicate with you electronically, by email, phone or by text/sms,
(e) to other delegates and third parties as part of the delegate list when you have registered for a conference, for Awards and for other FANZ events,
(f) where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act 1993,
(g) to third parties where FANZ utilises third parties to undertake services, but only to the extent required to fulfil those services, and
(h) with your consent.
16. We may share your personal information with third parties if you have authorised us to. This will generally be for the purposes of franchise related competitions, promotions, information and marketing. Third parties may include sponsors, strategic partners, exhibitors and guest speakers. We do not share your information if you do not provide your consent.
17. Beyond the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993 or if required by law.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
18. We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. If you suspect your personal information may no longer be secure or has been compromised, please let us know immediately.
How Can You Access or Correct Your Personal Information?
19. Registered members of FANZ can update their member details by getting in touch with us. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so we can continue to improve our services.
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 09 274 2901, or PO Box 33-676, Takapuna, Auckland 0740.
If an event is cancelled after the tickets are bought and paid for the ticket buyer may be entitled to be refunded for their ticket purchase under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. The ticket seller reserves the right to cancel without refund in a force majeure event.
If you buy a ticket and you have due cause to receive a refund from the ticket seller you should notify the Franchise Association of New Zealand by clicking the urgent help link within 24 hours of the event’s scheduled finish time. Notifications can be made via the “My Events” page within your log in.
The Site Owner will return an acknowledgement of the request within fifteen minutes of its receipt. If that acknowledgement is not received, please re-submit the request notification and call The Site Owner on +64 9 274 2901 during standard business hours.
If you have any questions about the cancellation policy, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with Franchise Association of New Zealand, you can contact us at +64 9 274 2901.